Fr. Leonard Fernando, S.J
1. “From Comfort Zones to the Peripheries,” VJTR 80 (2016) 645-659.
2. “Celebration of Jubilee Years in the History of the Church,” Vaiharai 21 (2016) 19-41.
3. “Jesuits and India,” in Oxford Handbooks Online, New York: Oxford University Press, Online Publication November 2016.
1. “Multifaceted Legacy Of Christianity,” Inaugural Lecture for the academic year 2016-17 at Gujarat Vidyadeep, Sevasi, June 2016.
Fr. P.R. John, S.J.
1. “I Thirst: The Divine Inspiration of Saint Teresa of Kolkata,” in VJTR 80/9 (2016): 660-674.
2. “Toward a Spirituality of Migration,” in Ignis Vol XLVI no. 3 (2016): 42-59.
3. “What Happened at GC 36?”” in Ignis Vol XLVI no. 4 (2016): 5-23.
1. April 2016: Spirit Christology: Indian Views – “Advaitic” – “Antaryamin” in South Asian Jesuit Theologians Forum, Bangalore.
2. May 2016: “Devudu Karunamayudu”: An Exploration of Walter Cardinal Kasper’s Relational Theology, in Religious Conference, Vishakapatnam.
Fr. Poulose Mangai, S.J.
1. “Theology of Marriage and Family in Sikhism. Resonances with the Christian Theology” (Bangalore: Indian Theological Association, 2016),
2. Christian Ecological Perspectives: From Original Blessing to Laudato Si’, VJTR, March 2016, 182-202.
3. “Pope Francis and Women in the Church.” Editorial, VJTR, June 2016. 401-03.
4. “Thou Shalt not Kill,” Editorial, VJTR, July 2016, 481-82.
5. “Equally God’s Children,” Editorial, VJTR, August 2016, 561-63.
6. “Jubilee Ends, Call to Mercy Endures,” Editorial, VJTR, November 2016, 802-04
13 Short Articles (800 Words) In Voice of Delhi
“Revisioning Inculturation in India,” at the 4-Day International Seminar on Doing Triple Dialogue: Challenges and Opportunities in Indonesia and India Jointly Organised by Vidyajyoti College of Theology, Delhi, Henry Martyn Institute, Hyderabad and the Theology Department of the Sanata Dharma University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia at Vidyajyoti College of Theology, Delhi, Aug 29 29-Sep 1, 2016.
Fr. Stanislaus Alla, SJ
1. “Movements, Momentum and Metanoia.” A Forum Essay published on the website of Catholic Theological Ethics in the World Church on 7th June, 2016 and accessible at
2. “Demonetization: A Cure for Black Money?” Editorial in Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection, 80/12 (December 2016), 4-6.
3. “Reconciling Peoples.” A Forum Essay published on the website of Catholic Theological Ethics in the World Church on 1st February, 2017 and accessible at http://www.catholicethics.com/forum-submissions/reconciling-peoples-2
Seminars and Presentations
1. “Being Ambassadors of Mercy.” A two-day seminar conducted to the Pastoral and Religious Clergy of the Diocese of Shimla-Chandigarh from 16th to 17th March 2016.
2. “Understanding the Role of Conscience in Religious Life Today.” A Seminar conducted to a group of Bethany Sisters (BS) at Karnal from 26th to 29th May 2016.
3. “The Notion of a Merciful Pastor in the Thought of Pope Francis.”A recollection-talk given to clergy of the Faridabad Syro-Malabar Diocese on 8th June 2016.
4. “Amoris Letitia: A Preliminary Review.” A half-day Seminar conducted to the members of the CRI 5. members -of the Faridabad unit- on 25th August 2016.
5. “Engaging Religions in India: A Moral Perspective.” Paper presented at the Seminar titled Doing Triple Diologue: Challenges and Opportunities in Indonesia and India held at Vidyajyoti, Delhi from 29th August to 1st September, 20016.
6. “Mercy in Christianity.”A talk given at an Inter-faith event organized by the Archdiocese of Delhi on 31st October 2016.
7. Hosting in Telugu a weekly show (titled in Telugu as Manchi-Chedu: Catholica JeevanaViluvalu) on Divyavani Catholic Television (of Telugu Catholic Bishops Conference – TCBC) which discusses Catholic Ethical Perspectives on contemporary issues and concerns. It began on 28th January 2017 and will go on for sometime.
Fr. Valan C. Antony, S.J
1. “Mercy, the Heartbeat of God,” Ignis, vol. XLVI, no.1, (2016): 7-20.
2. “Saint Teresa of Kolkata: A Marvellous Marvel,” VJTR, Editorial, vol.80, no.9, September (2016): 642-644.
3. “Hop into 2017… with Hope,” VJTR, Editorial, vol. 81, no.1, January (2016): 5-7.
“Called to be Merciful.” Paper presented at the Seminar for the Representatives of the Dioceses of Delhi, Faridabad and Gurgaon, organized by CBCI-Council for Laity, 20th Feb 2016 at Yusuf Sadan, New Delhi.
1. “Moulding Leaders for Tomorrow’s India.” Talk given to the Teaching Staff of St. Joseph’s School, Gayatri Nagar, Jahangirbad, Bulandshahr, UP, 8th July 2016.
2. “Christian Youth – Towards a wholistic Life.” Inaugural address to the Christian Staff and Students, Jesus and Mary College, Delhi, 16th July 2016.
3. “Witnesses of Mercy.” Talk given at Yuvotsav 2016, organized by Malankara Catholic Youths, Diocese of Gurgaon, at St. Thomas Malankara Church, West Delhi, 31st July 2016.
Convenor and Editor of the Statement “From Theistic Fundamentalism to Theistic Kenosis: A Biblical Perspective,” of the Catholic Biblical Association of India (CBAI) – 2016, NBCLC, Bengaluru, 4-6 November 2016.
Fr. Joseph Puthenkulam S.J.
1. “Becoming Pilgrims of Peace and Ahimsa”, Editorial – VJTR 80 (October 2016)
2. “Jesus and Culture: Revisiting Jesus’ Interaction with the Canaanite Woman (Mt 15:21-28)”, Seminar at Vidyajyoti on Doing Triple Dialogue: Challenges and Opportunities in Indonesia and India (29 Aug – 1 Sept 2016).
Fr. Thomas Venad S.J.
1. “The Last Judgement and the Primacy of Love (Mt 25:31-46),” Part I, VJTR 80 (2016) 325-345.
2. “The Last Judgement and the Primacy of Love (Mt 25:31-46),” Part II, VJTR 80 (2016) 404-423
Fr. Rajakumar S.J.
“Mercy: A Call to Radical Discipleship”, Vidyajyoti Journal of Theological Reflection Vol. 80, no.11 (November, 2016): 843-863.
1. “Mercy: “The Beating Heart of the Gospel” at the conference of National Ecumenical Council, Delhi, 8 April, 2016.
2. “Witnessing to kinds of Mercy in the Bible” Talks for the Clergy of Delhi Archdiocese, on 20 July, 2016.
Sr. Shalini Mulackal PBVM
Books and Journals
1. “Samarpitha Sanyasinikal Sabhasusrushayil: Oru Srayina Deivasastra Vilayiruthal,” (part 1) in Carmel, vol 13, No. 8, (March 2016): 41-46.
2. “Marriage and Family Today,” Presidential Address, in Marriage and Family today: An Indian Theological Search, Eds., Astrid Lobo Gajiwala & Vincent Kundukulam, Bengaluru: Asian Trading Corporation and ITA, 2016), 7-12.
3. “Role of Women in Ecclesiogenesis: A Historical, Hermeneutical and Critical Study,” in Church on Pilgrimage: Trajectories of Intercultural Encounter, ed., Kuncheria Pathil, (Bengaluru, Dharmaram Publications, 2016), 465-480.
4. “Streekalum Purushanmarum Yesuvinu Thulyar,” in Satyadeepam, (June 1, 20016): 2-3.
5. “Who is Jesus for Indian Women? A Feminist Critical Enquiry,” in VJTR 80 (June 2016): 433-451.
6. “Indiayile Streekale sambadhichidattholam Aaranu Yesu? (Oru Streepaksha paathiude Vimarsanatmaka Anveshanam),” Part 1, A Malayalam Translation of “Who is Jesus for Indian Women? A Feminist Critical Enquiry,” in Carmel, Vol 14, No.1, (August 2016): 64-70.
7. “Indiayile Streekale sambadhichidattholam Aaranu Yesu? (Oru Streepaksha paathiude Vimarsanatmaka Anveshanam),” Part II, A Malayalam Translation of “Who is Jesus for Indian Women? A Feminist Critical Enquiry,” in Carmel, Vol 14, No.3, (October 2016): 48-5.
8. “I Nurtured Them Like a Mother: The Feminine Face of God,” in Communicating Mercy, ed. Jose Vallikkatt, (Delhi: ISPCK, 2016), 61-72.
9. “Consecrated Women in the Mission of the Church: A Feminist Appraisal,” in Consecrated Life for a Transformed World: Catholic, Ecumenical, and Interreligious Perspectives in a Globalizing Era, ed. Saju Chackalackal CMI, (Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 2016), 403-422.
10. “A Challenge to Become Church of the Poor,” in Catholic India Vol. XXVII No. 1 (January-June 2016):47-51
11. “Re-reading Asian Theologies in the Emerging Contexts,” part I – IV in People’s Reporter, Vol. 29, Issue 11-14 (June 10- August 10, 2016)
12. “Paradigm Shift in Vatican II and Its Impact on Women,” in Women As Equal Disciples: Unfinished Task of the Church, eds. Virginia Saldanha, Varghese Thekanath, SG, and Julie George SSpS, (Delhi: Media House, 2016), 41-59.
13. “No Peace without Gender Justice. A Feminist Critique of Religions,” in Inter-Religious Co-Operation for Peace, Samvada Series -12, ed. Prof. Nirbhai Singh, (Varanasi: Shri Karshni Vidya Bhawan, 2016), 56-73.
14. “Indiayile Streekale sambadhichidattholam Aaranu Yesu? (Oru Streepaksha paathiude Vimarsanatmaka Anveshanam),” Part III, A Malayalam Translation of “Who is Jesus for Indian Women? A Feminist Critical Enquiry,” in Carmel, Vol 14, No.5, (December 2016): 44-8.
15. “Indiayile Streekale sambadhichidattholam Aaranu Yesu? (Oru Streepaksha paathiude Vimarsanatmaka Anveshanam),” Part IV, A Malayalam Translation of “Who is Jesus for Indian Women? A Feminist Critical Enquiry,” in Carmel, Vol 14, No.6, (January 2017): 29-38.
1. “A Challenge to become Church of the Poor,” paper presented at a panel during the biennial plenary of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of India (CBCI) on 3rd March at St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore.
2. “No Peace without Gender Justice, A Feminist Critique of Religions,” paper presented at All India Seminar on Inter-Religious co-operation for Peace at Udasin Karshni Ashram, Ramanreti (Gokul), Mathura from 2nd to 4th April, 2016.
3. “Re-reading Asian Theologies in the Emerging Contexts,” paper presented during the Eighth Congress of Asian Theologians (CATS VIII) on the theme “Doing Asian Theologies in the Context of God’s Oikos,” organized by the Christian Conference of Asia (CCA) from April 18 to 22, 2016 at Cochin, Kerala.
4. “Who is Jesus for Indian Women? A Feminist Critical Enquiry,” paper presented at the annual meeting of Indian Women Theologian’s forum (IWTF) at Montfort Spirituality Centre, Bangaluru from 24-26 April 2016.
5. “Women Religious as Vanguards of Women Participation: A Critical Study of the Role of Women Religious in the Church and Society,” Paper presented at the Joint Symposium of DAKATEO and ET with participation of other INSeCT-Asia and ESWTR members on the theme Gender and Ecclesiology: An Intercultural Perspective, from July 14-17, 2016 at Tagaytay, Philippines.
6. “Creating a Just and Compassionate Society: A Feminine Project,” Paper presented at the National Seminar on the theme, Feminine Genius, Women Leadership for a Just and Compassionate Society, organized By Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore from 29th to 30th July, 2016.
7. “The Unifying Role of Wisdom: A Re-reading of St. Louis de Montfort in Today’s Context,” Paper presented at Montfort International Tercentenary Symposium at Leonia Holistic Destination, Hyderabad, 19th -21st August 2016.
8. “Engaging with Religions of India: A Systematic Perspective,” paper presented at the Joint Conference of Vidyajyoti College of Theology, Delhi, India and Theology Department of Sanata Dharma University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia from 29th August to 1st September, 2016 at Vidyajyoti College, Delhi.
9. “The Impact of Christianity on Women Empowerment: An Indian Perspective,” Paper presented at the National Consultation on Impact of Religion and Culture on Women’s Empowerment: an Indian Perspective, organised by Streevani, Pune with Montfort Social Institute (MSI) Hyderabad and others from 23rd to 26th September, 2016 at Montfort Social Institute, Hyderabad.
10. “Women and Mysticism: A Feminist Critical Appraisal,” Paper presented at the All India Seminar on Mysticism: Its Contemporary Relevance, at Udasin Karshni Ashram, Ramanreti-Mahaban, Mathura, 18-20, Nov. 2016.
1. Talk given at a Function held at Institute of Social Sciences, at Vasant Kunj, New Delhi on the topic “Secularism, Feminism & Human Development,” on 18th July, 2016 together with participants (Dr. John J. Thatamanil, Dr. Winnie Varghese, Rev.Dr. Sererne Jones and Prof. Andrea White) from Union Theological Seminary, New York.
2. Talk given during Delhi Ecumenical Clergy Fellowship organized by CISRS (Christian Institute for Study of Religion and Society) on 23rd November, 2016 on the topic ‘Advent.’ The participants were pastors and lay leaders from various churches in Delhi.
3. Talk given on the topic “Use and Care of water in Christianity,” during the interreligious dialogue on the “Use and Care of Water in World Religions” organized by the NGOs Der Missionszentrale der Franziskaner, Bonn and the Centre for Peace and Spirituality International at India International Centre, New Delhi on 13th January, 2017